What is Carisoprodol?
Buy Carisoprodol Online which is prescribed for short-term treatment of musculoskeletal pain. Carisoprodol 350mg belongs to the Carbamate class of drugs and acts on the central nervous system to relax the muscle. It is marketed under different brand names called Soma, Soprodal, and Random. It is also available as other products when combined with Aspirin, Codeine, or both.
Use of Carisoprodol
The medication is used to relieve pain when taken along with rest and physical therapy. It can be prescribed to treat musculoskeletal pain caused due to injuries or due to strains and sprains in the muscle. The use of Carisoprodol must not exceed three weeks to avoid other undesirable effects.
How Carisoprodol Works?
The oral prescription works on the central nervous system as a muscle relaxant. The specific action of the drug cannot be established yet. But the observations report that it bounds the nerve communication which carries pain sensation signal to the brain and spinal cord. One dose of prescription starts working within half an hour and lasts for 4 hours in the body.
Dosage of carisoprodol
- Carisoprodol is prescribed for children more than 16 years in age and adults. It is also avoided for older age patients to prevent orthostatic hypotension and depression.
- Adults are recommended with a 250-350mg tablet every 8 hours a day for 2-3 weeks.
- The person should gradually increase the dose if needed and gradually decreases to stop. A sudden stop to medication may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Side Effects of carisoprodol
- There may occur some undesirable effects which commonly occurred are headache, drowsiness, dizziness, agitation, irritability, depression, sleeping disorder, fainting, seizure.
- Some more side effects which are severe but infrequent are hives, irregular heartbeat, nervousness, lowered blood pressure, irritability, and severe allergic reaction.
- It may also cause drug abuse, and if taken for a longer duration, then withdrawal symptoms may occur when discontinued.
Overdosage of carisoprodol
When the medication is taken in a higher dosage or taken along with alcohol or other addictive medicines, there occurs overdosage. One should immediately consult a doctor or call a poison control center to avoid adverse effects like coma or sometimes death also. It can be known by symptoms like severe dizziness, shallow breathing, unsteadiness, blurred vision, mental change.
Carisoprodol during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Carisoprodol is categorized as a category C drug by the FDA for use during pregnancy. Though there are not any established reports on its use in humans, few pieces of research say that it should be avoided during the first trimester of pregnancy. During the last six months, it is only taken when needed. The drug is excreted in breastmilk in the double amount as in blood and may cause harm to the nursing infant.