What is Fioricet used for?
Fioricet is a combination of three medications useful to treat tension headaches. Buy Fioricet online to reduce muscle contraction and manage headaches caused due to it.
The medication contains three active ingredients, namely Butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine. All of them work in the brain to produce their effects. Butalbital is a type of pain-relieving barbiturate that acts on the brain to relax muscle contraction and reduce headaches.
Acetaminophen is a non-opioid (analgesic) medication that works to diminish pain and reduce fever. It also helps to enhance the effects of Butalbital in decreasing tension headaches. Caffeine is a stimulant of the central nervous system that loosens brain muscles, also alleviating pain and discomfort.
People can buy Fioricet online in different dosing strengths of all the ingredients. However, the most widely useful of them is Fioricet 40mg.
Fioricet 40mg contains:
- Butalbital 40mg
- Acetaminophen 325mg
- Caffeine 50mg
What are the dosing instructions for taking Fioricet 40mg?
- Take Fioricet 40mg pills by mouth as it is available only as an oral administration capsule, and taking the medication in any other way is considered its abuse.
- Try not to take more than 6 pills in a 24-hour period as it contains acetaminophen, and overdosing on it can cause severe liver impairment.
- Avoid taking any other medication containing acetaminophen along with Fioricet pills or any other medicine that can potentially interact with Fioricet to produce unwanted effects.
- Take Fioricet 40mg with a glass of water (about 240ml or 8 ounces) except if the doctor tells you not to do it.
- Try not to sleep for about 10-15 minutes after taking Fioricet. In case you experience stomach upset or constipation, take Fioricet with milk or food.
- Never take an incremented or decremented dose of the medication. Also, use Fioricet only for the time duration for which the doctor prescribed it.
- Quitting the medication cold turkey may cause some undesirable withdrawal symptoms. This risk of withdrawal is even higher if you take the medication for a long time or at higher doses. To avoid the risk of Fioricet withdrawal symptoms, gradually lower the doses while discontinuing the treatment.
What are the potential side effects of Fioricet 40mg?
Using Fioricet 40mg at recommended doses is generally safe and well-tolerated. It may not cause any severe adverse effects. The most frequent Fioricet 40mg side effects include:
These effects tend to go away with several days of use. However, it is advisable to buy Fioricet online only on a prescription and take it as directed to avoid the occurrence of severe side effects.